Upgrade existing PBX with Reliance Jio
Reliance Jio / TATA / Airtel / Vodafone is providing SIP Trunks to enterprises packed with huge cost benefits for domestic as well as international calling. All the network providers offer these services through their NGN network, which is a pure end to end IP network. In the normal case, to take advantage of this opportunity, customers need to purchase an IP PBX. This is not very practical, as many organisations have purchased large EPABXes with large infrastructure capital. Replacing them in the immediate future is almost impossible.
How can you benefit from these new developments without throwing away your existing investment?
*astTECS SIP to PRI gateway
*astTECS offers SIP Gateway, which will act as an intermediary between the traditional EPABX and the SIP Trunks from Jio/Airtel/Vodafone. The SIP Gateway will convert the legacy PBX signals to SIP signals and vice versa. The incoming call will travel via SIP trunk to *astTECS SIP Gateway, which will convert it into the EPABX format and transfer to the EPABX. Similarly, outbound calls will be switched to the Gateway, which will convert the calls to SIP format and handover to SIP trunk network. In this manner, customer can benefit from the new aggressive telecom call charges, without buying a new IP PBX.
Some additional features can also be optional:
1. Voice Recording: If the current system does not support voice recording, calls may be recorded in the SIP Gateway.
2. Voicemail to Email: SIP Gateway may provide voicemail facility for select extensions and also provide VoiceMail to Email facility.
3. Interactive Voice Response (IVR): Simple Interactive Voice response system and subsequent routing to extensions may be implemented.
In this manner, SIP Gateway opens up numerous possibilities, in addition to reduced call charges.
Worried about upgrading from EPABX to IP PBX?
It always worries the management when they go for up-gradation, especially in their communication systems. They will definitely have concern over whether their existing communication systems will get affected and spending more money to buy IP PBX system is a better option. In most of the cases, the additional cost-benefit achieved through the SIP Gateway will pay off in 2-3 months. And the optional features come for free.
The deployment of SIP Gateway in the corporate environment provides the following advantages:
1. Use the existing EPABX for some more time,
2. Avoid investing for IP PBX
3. Optional features like IVR, VoiceRecording, VoiceMail can be made available.